We understand that privacy online is important to users of our Site, especially when conducting business. This statement governs our privacy policies with respect to all users of the Site.
By using our website, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
1. What types of personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with us. Personal information we may collect from you includes, among other things:
- identity particulars - such as your name, address, date of birth, occupation, telephone numbers, fax number and e-mail address;
- financial profiles and credit card information;
- personal information you provide to us when you participate in a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research or subscribe to our mailing list;
- business information – nature and size of business and advertising inventory that is intended to be purchased or sold;
- your bank, credit or debit account details if relevant for registering to transact business on the Site;
- your records of communication with us; and
- your website usage information such as IP address and other basic user profile information.
Personal information does not include information that is collected anonymously (that is, without identification of the individual user) or demographic information not connected to an identified individual.
2. The purpose for collecting your personal information
We will generally only collect and use your personal information for the primary purposes of:
- our general business operations;
- effectively providing you with our goods and services, including improving such goods and services;
- communicating with you;
- responding to your inquires or complaints;
- meeting our legal and regulatory obligations;
- conducting, improving and developing a relationship with you;
- direct marketing (such as providing you with information about our products and promotional notices and offers); and
- improving our website.
Your personal information is collected by lawful and fair means and where practicable, only from you or from a person acting or authorised to act on your behalf.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- the likely use of the information;
- the right of access to the information;
- any law requiring collection of the information; and
- the main consequences of failure to provide your personal information.
3. How we may use and disclose your personal information
We may use your personal information for:
- customising the Site to make appropriate service offerings and to fulfil buying and selling requests on the Site;
- the primary purposes for which it was collected, such as those described above;
- administering and responding to an enquiry by you or feedback about our products and/or services;
- conducting, and allowing you to participate in, a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research or customer behavioural activity;
- promoting and marketing our current and future products and services to you, informing you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers and analysing our products and services so as to improve and develop new products and services (while also giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing);
- improving the operation of our website;
- emailing you about research;
- internal record keeping;
- emailing you about purchase and selling opportunities on the Site or information related to the subject matter of the Site; and
- contacting you to provide requested information.
We may disclose personal information we collect from you:
- to our related companies, suppliers, consultants, contractors or agents for the primary purposes for which it was collected or for other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected. For example, your name and telephone number may be disclosed to our supplier to enable that supplier to respond to your request for information about a particular product;
- for direct marketing, but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing;
- to relevant Federal, State or Territory authorities (where relevant and required);
- where the law requires or authorises us to do so;
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you; or
- with your consent (express or implied), to others.
4. How is personal information stored?
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access.
If a substantial data breach has or may have occurred (for example, your personal information was shared with unauthorised persons) we will notify you as soon as is practicable.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected or as otherwise required by law. We will take appropriate measures to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information if we no longer need to retain it. These measures may vary depending on the type of information concerned, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
5. How does ACL use login information?
ACL uses login information, including, but not limited to, IP addresses, ISPs, and browser types, to analyse trends, administer the Site, track user movement and use, and gather broad demographic information.
6. How does the Site keep Personal Information secure?
All of our employees are familiar with our security policy and practices. Your personal information is only accessible to a limited number of qualified employees who are given a password in order to gain access to the information. We audit our security systems and processes on a regular basis. Sensitive information such as credit card numbers or social security numbers are protected by encryption protocols to protect information sent over the internet. While we take reasonable measures to maintain a secure site, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place. We will not be liable to You or any other Site users for any such occurrences.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
7. How to correct any inaccuracies in personal information?
You may contact us to update your personal information or to correct any inaccuracies by emailing us at email@example.com.
8. Deleting or deactivating personal information collected by the Site?
We provide a mechanism to delete/deactivate personal information from the Site's database by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. However, due to automatic backups and records made of deletions, some residual information may be retained in the system. An individual who requests to have personal information deactivated will have this information functionally deleted. We will not sell, transfer, or use personal information relating to that individual in any way moving forward.
As with most websites, when you visit our website or use an application on our website, we may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
We also use “cookies”. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. A cookie stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal information.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages Site users find useful and which are not. Cookies do not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use our website, but the website may be limited in the use of some of the features.
10. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website or its privacy practices. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
11. Marketing and Opting-Out
We may use your personal information for:
- promoting and marketing of our current and future products and services;
- informing you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers; and
- analysing our products and services so as to improve and develop new products and services.
We may exchange your personal information between our related entities and so they can also assist in the marketing of our products and services to you.
We will only offer you products or services, where we reasonably believe that they could be of interest or benefit to you.
At the point we collect information from you, you may be asked to “opt in” to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information. You will generally be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving marketing communications from us. You may “opt out” from receiving these communications by responding to emails as instructed, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
12. Cross border disclosure
Your personal information may also be processed by, or disclosed to employees, representatives, or other third parties operating outside of Australia who work for, or are engaged by us in other countries. For example, we may use a server hosted overseas to store data, which may include your personal information.
We will take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, before your personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in relation to your personal information (‘the reasonable steps’).
The reasonable steps may not apply if you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient and we reasonably believe that the overseas receipt is subject to laws that are suitability similar to privacy laws in Australia.
If you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient, the overseas recipient may not be accountable under the Privacy Act, and you will not be able to seek redress for breaches under the Privacy Act.
13. Accurate and up-to-date information
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, up-to-date and not misleading by updating our records whenever true and correct changes to the data come to our attention.
If you believe your information is incorrect, incomplete or not current, you can request that we update this information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will correct information we hold about you if we discover, or you are able to show to a reasonable standard, the information is incorrect. If you seek correction and we disagree that the information is incorrect, we will provide you with its reasons for taking that view.
We disregard information that seems likely to be inaccurate or out-of-date by reason of the time that has elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in our possession.
14. Access to your personal information
We acknowledge that you have a general right of access to information concerning you, and to have inaccurate information corrected. You are able to access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us. If access to your personal information is refused for reasons permitted by the Privacy Act, we will give you a notice explaining our decision to the extent practicable and your next options.
If you make an access request, we may ask you to verify your identity and put your request in writing for security reasons. We may charge a reasonable administration fee to cover the costs of meeting your request. We will reply to your request for access within 30 days of notification by you.
15. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click toindicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; or
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our ‘Contact Us’ page.
16. Dealing with unsolicited information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed or de-identified immediately.
17. Anonymity when dealing with us
Only where it practicable to do so, we may allow you the option not to identify yourself when dealing with us.
18. Collecting sensitive information
19. Government identifiers
We do not use government identifiers (e.g. tax file numbers or Medicare numbers) to identify individuals.
20. Transfer of ownership
21. Complaints and disputes
We will ensure your compliant is handled in an appropriate and reasonable manner. Where necessary, we may consult with our related entities and partners in order to deal with your complaint. A written notice of our decision regarding your complaint will be provided to you. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, then you may contact the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
Unauthorised duplication or publication of any materials from this Site is expressly prohibited.